Ericeira Local Surf School
Ericeira Local Surf School has been teaching surfers from around the globe since 2012.
The surf school was established by a local surfer who wanted to share his life long passion for surfing.
The main objective of the surf school is not only for you to have an unforgettable experience but to teach you the right way.
Our friendly, experienced coaches provide a wealth of knowledge of all aspects of surfing.
- Kids Surf
- Beginner Surf
- Intermediate Surf
- Advanced Surf
- Private Surf
- Getting There
- Due to changing tides exact surf lesson start times are not decided until the week of your lesson.
- After you book we will contact you the week of your lesson to tell you your lessons start time.
We offer lessons for kids aged 6-12. Each lesson is up to 2 hours per day and includes surfboard and wetsuit . We ask that parents are close by . We pick up from your accommodation and take you to the beach. Safety and fun are our main priorities .
Beginner lesson you will - introduced to the parts of the board. - learn basic surf awareness and how to be safe in the water. - you will learn the correct paddling and board riding techniques. - you will learn the basic steps of turning. - you will have a two hour lesson with a qualified and experienced surf instructor.
- learn about surf etiquette and how to be safe in the line up. - learn about how the ocean works including rips, currents, tides etc. - learn the technique to get out in the line up. - learn the correct positioning to catch and ride a green wave. - learn how to turn across a green wave. - you will have a two hour lesson with a qualified and experienced surf instruct
- Record in video - Footage analysis. - learn the technique to get out in the line up. - learn the correct positioning to catch and ride a green wave. - learn s-turns - Triming - you will have a two hour lesson with a qualified and experienced surf instructor
You will have two hours lesson with a qualified and experience surf instructor .
Our surf guide will take work to find the best quality wave for your ability, considering the conditions of the ocean on the day. They will be able to share their knowledge of the number of different surf breaks we have in Ericeira or nearby beaches. If you are interested in our surf guiding it is important to be honest and clear on your abilities to ensure you get to surf waves which are suitable
Prices from 01 January to 31 December
|Prices per person||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
|Kids Surf Lessons||€25||€50||€75||€100||€125|
|Beginner Surf Lessons||€30||€60||€90||€120||€150|
|Intermediate Surf Lessons||€30||€60||€90||€120||€150|
|Advanced Surf Lessons||€30||€60||€90||€120||€150|
|Private Surf Lessons
Prices per person
|1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
- We pick you up from your accommodation
Travelled with family
How were the surf lessons?
We book private lessons for ourselves and our son. Our instructor was a lovely man and managed to provide spearate tuition for our son who was more expert than us at his own cost I imagine.
Foz de lisandro beach was an excellent beach to surf on most days. We had a couple of windy days when conditions were not great, but this did not spoil our experience.
Na onda surf rental at this beach had amusing and helpful staff and competetive prices.
Surf conditions in Ericeira:
Air Temp (°C)
Best time to go depends on your level above. July, August & September are the peak tourist months.
This is where you surf Europe's best coast line and let the fun begin.There are over 12 surf breaks along the Ericeira coast, with different options for all standards. With so much choice you'll feel like a kid in a sweet shop! The area was introduced in the Stormriders Surf Guide to Europe with the heading "Enter the Heartland".
World Surf Reserve
In 2011 it was awarded the title of 'World Surf Reserve', there are only 2 other places in the world that share the title: Santa Cruz, US and Manly, Australia.
If it is your first surfing holiday to Ericeira then head straight to Foz do Lizandro and Sao Juliao beaches south of town, they are perfect beginner and intermediate surf spots. Closer to town is Praia do Sul. Another great beginner beach breaks. All best at mid tide but surfable at high and low tide also.
For Intermediates you have the reliable and safe reef break Ribeira d'Ilhas, which host the WSL World qualifying series surf championships every year. And for the more adventurous you have the world class Coxos. That's just naming a few, there are too many surf breaks to mention here!
Don't forget to explore further up the coast - 25 minutes away is Santa Cruz and an hour away is Peniche, home to the World renowned Supertubos and host of the Rip Curl Pro since 2009. 30 minutes south of Lisbon is the Cascais coast with the famous Praia do Guincho surf beach. And when north winds are blowing you can venture further south towards Carcevelos beach and the other surf spots along the Lisbon coast.
Come Surf Ericeira with us…
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due when you arrive at the beach.
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
What happens if the surf school cancel the Surf Lessons?
In the rare occasion that conditions do not allow for the surf lesson to go ahead you will be given a full refund.
Debit/Credit cards are not accepted on site – cash only.
Why use Surfholidays.com?
24/7 Support – phone & email
20,000 booked since 2009
Best price guarantee
Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
Flexible cancellation conditions
Manage your bookings online
You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.
- Goncalo Mira