Boutique Tag Hostel
Private & Shared room options
4.5 out of 5
Our Boutique B&B was built in 1865 as a guest house for travelling sailors and then later became a secondary school. In 2010 we decided to renovate the building and turn it into a new modern guest house.
With a strong focus on design and quality we have created what we call a homstel, mixing the comforts of a home with the affordable prices of a hostel :)
It is a 3 story building with a lovely roof top terrace offering stunning views of the Ocean. We have a mix of charming double rooms for those who want privacy, and shared rooms with custom made bunk beds. We have a full kitchen, lounge & dining area, impressive high ceilings, gorgeous wooden floors and several old furniture pieces that we restored ourselves.
People come from all over the world to stay with us, explore the area and surf some of Portugal's best waves.
In the old town of Lagos across from the marina and 10 minutes from the beaches. There are plenty pf delicious restaurants and vbars close by but we are not a party place, more a place to chill out, relax and meet some nice people on the same kind of journey as you!
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
How did you like the accommodation?
Tag Hostel was amazing, lovely decor and the place was always clean and tidy, the roof terrace was a particular favourite to relax and chill out on. The staff were always helpful and assisted with any questions or queries I had. Definitely will be returning.
The only qualm I had was you couldn’t access the kitchen before 8.30am. Which is when breakfast was served from. I had to get to my pick up point for surf school before breakfast and found it annoying I couldn’t prepare and eat breakfast (my own) beforehand. The kitchen should be available for the guests to access from an earier time.
How were the surf lessons with Extreme Algarve?
I really enjoyed the surf school. The staff particularly Ben one of the Surf Instructors looked after me and encouraged me when I needed it. The staff made the experience fun and enjoyable. They also accommodated to my dietary needs.
Room Type: Private
Charming Room with Sea View and one Double Bed. Private Bathroom. Includes a Kitchenette and sofa bed also.
Room Type: Shared - Female
Charming Attic room with individual Beds and private lockers.
Room Type: Shared - Mixed
Charming room with 2 sets of custom made bunk beds and private lockers.
Room Type: Shared - Mixed
Charming room with Sea View. 3 custom made bunk beds. Private Lockers.
Room Type: Private
Charming Room with Sea View with 1 set of custom made bunk beds. Shared Bathroom.
Room Type: Private
Charming Room with Sea View with 1 set of custom made bunk beds. Shared Bathroom. Girls Only!
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We don't provide airport transfers but you can book one easily here: Airport Transfers
- - Nearest Airport: Faro
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 80
- - Time from Airport in a car: 1 hour
- - There is a train from the airport
- - There is a bus from the airport
In the booking steps you can add surf lessons from any of our certified surf school partners below.
- The surf school will either pick you up at your accommodation or meet you at the nearest beach as detail in their profile below.
- The surf school will always contact you the day before to arrange the exact time of your lesson and meet up details.
- Due to changing tides & conditions exact surf lesson times are not decided until the day before.
- The full contact details of our surf school partners are included in your confirmation voucher
- All our surf school partners are certified with their countries National Surfing Association
Looking for Surf Schools in Lagos
Surf conditions in Lagos:
Air Temp (°C)
Surf Lessons often occur at the areas best and most reliable surf beaches, Praia do Amado and Praia do Amoreira, 20-30 minutes from Lagos. Depending on conditions you may surf at any number of surf beaches nearby such as Maia Praia, Castalejo, Arrifana, Zavial, Cabanas and Porto de Mos. Either way the surf schools will pick you up and take you to the best beaches on the day.
Don't worry if you have no experience whatsoever. The beginner's lessons are taught in waist deep water riding the white water only. You will learn everything from standing techniques to turning and finally paddling outside and learning how to catch ‘green' (unbroken) waves. If you are already experienced the instructors will take you further out and help you develop your technique on bigger waves.
Lagos is a year round surf destination thanks to its position at the corner of the Algarve. It is one of Europe’s best kept secrets and offers waves for beginners, intermediates and expert surfers. It also has the warmest water in Portugal and the winter temperature is warm enough for t-shirts. In the summer the temperature is in the late 20s and stay bright until 10pm.
Within Lagos is the town's long golden sandy beach that seems to go on forever, Meia Praia, a very safe beginners surf beach, but not always reliable.
Head further West and after 20 minutes you arrive at a crossroad, take the turn South West and after a few minutes you reach the laid back surf town of Sagres where you will find breaks such as Tonel, Mareta, Beliche and Zavial. Again different standards are catered for in these beaches that wrap around Cape St.Vincent
Alternatively take the right turn and after 10 minutes you will reach a great beginners /intermediate surf beach Praia do Amado. Close by is one of Portugal’s most beautiful beaches Praia da Bordeira. Further North is the world class surf break in Arrifana and beginners beach Amoreira. The UK's Independent newspaper sums it up best: "Here is one of Europe's undiscovered treasures - thankfully protected by a 120km-long Parque Natural, which helps ensure that "tourist development" mostly means a café in a shack on a beach. It all seems like a fabulous secret, shared only by the intrepid few who make it this far. Their reward? Having miles and miles of these dramatic beaches (almost) to themselves."
Come Surf Lagos with us…
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due at check in.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- You can cancel anytime up to midday the day before and you will not be charged the balance.
Similar Surf Packages in Lagos, Portugal
- Book your accommodation & surf lessons/guiding in the one place
- 24/7 Support – phone & email
- 100,000 booked since 2009
- Best price guarantee
- Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
- Flexible cancellation conditions
- Manage your bookings online
- You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
- Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.
- Manager: Filipa