Hippie Surf School
Learn to surf and enjoying the beach lifestyle, it’s a perfect way to start your surfing career! The onsite staffs make sure you’ll spend an incredible holiday. The local professional surf guides at Hippie Surf School will check the latest surf conditions and take you to the best surf breaks in Hikkaduwa has to offer on the day. Come over to enjoy the good vibes of Hikkaduwa and the fun spirits of the team.
- Kids Surf
- Beginner Surf
- Intermediate Surf
- Advanced Surf
- Private Surf
- Getting There
- Due to changing tides exact surf lesson start times are not decided until the week of your lesson.
- After you book we will contact you the week of your lesson to tell you your lessons start time.
We offer kids surf lessons from 6 year onward kids. Each lessons conducted by local surfing instructors and with bottom sand surfaces.
We are not just going to throw you out in the surf because the warm up stretch calms the nerves and gets the body ready for the movements associated with surfing. From teaching you to properly dismount your board to going over (and under) waves all the important safety measures will be clearly communicated to you.
An intermediate surf lessons will be done on the “outside” or main surf break further out to sea. This lessons including private surfing instructor, wetsuit, and the duration is one hour on the water.
Advanced foot placement on the board goes a long way in being able to manipulate a surfboard to ride with style. The crowds can get heavy on certain days and we want to show you techniques to catch more waves than other people out in the water.
Private lesson including one hour duration on the water with private surfing instructor. In this course individuals can specifically monitored by instructor and this is the most successful way to start your surfing life.
We offer surf guide who want to explore hidden surf points around the coastal.
Prices from 01 January to 31 December
|Prices per person||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days|
|Kids Surf Lessons||USD$35||USD$60||USD$90|
|Beginner Surf Lessons||USD$35||USD$60||USD$90|
|Intermediate Surf Lessons||USD$30||USD$50||USD$70|
|Advanced Surf Lessons||USD$30||USD$50||USD$70|
|Private Surf Lessons
Prices per person
|1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
- We pick you up from your accommodation
Surf conditions in Hikkaduwa:
Air Temp (°C)
November - March is the dry season and has the most consistent surf.
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- Cancellation policy is restricted. However, if you contacted us within 48 hours after booking 50% will be refunded of total payment.
What happens if the surf school cancel the Surf Lessons?
In the rare occasion that conditions do not allow for the surf lesson to go ahead you will be given a full refund.
Debit/Credit cards are not accepted on site – cash only.
Why use Surfholidays.com?
24/7 Support – phone & email
20,000 booked since 2009
Best price guarantee
Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
Flexible cancellation conditions
Manage your bookings online
You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.