Girassois House 25
Explore our Available Surf Packages
Our house is over 200 years old in a small little village 2.5km from Sintra town. With a privileged view over Sintra Mountain's Mourish Castle, Palaces and old town. The house comfortably sleeps 5 people.
Main surf spots in the area:
10 minute drive: Body board and surf = Praia Grande and Praia das Macas
20 minute drive: Surf Praia de S. Juliao, Praia Foz do Lizandr, Ericeira, Praia Ribeira d’Ilhas
Quiet location, with public buses to Sintra (2.5 km) and several to Lisbon's west coast beaches (9 km) to Praia das Maças, Praia Grande, Praia Pequena, Praia da Adraga, Praia da Aguda, Praia de Magoito, Praia da Samarra, Praia de S. Julião and the very traditional village of Azenhas do Mar.
Colares with Regional Caves and wine tasting Cellar, fruit and vegetables markets is 5 km away. Cabo do Roca light House (the most western point of the European continent) and it's light house deserves a visit.
The cosmopolitan town of Cascais is only 19 km away.
The typical fishing town of Ericeira 21 km
Lisboa is only 30 km distance by car or you may take the train at Sintra Station for a better and comfortable trip to Lisbon downtown.
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Room Type: Private
1 room with double bed
1 room with twins beds
1 room with single bed
Kitchen fully equipped
2 bathroom fully equipped
1 pateo with barbecue and sun deck with table for diner al fresco and breakfast outdoor.
1 seating room with sofa and tv.
front pateo for car parking
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We provide Airport Transfers from and to Lisbon and they can be booked in the booking steps.
- Price for 1-4 people: €20
- Price for more than 4: €20
- - Nearest Airport: Lisbon
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 30 km
- - Time from Airport in a car: 40 minutes
- - There is a train from the airport
- - There is no bus from the airport
In the booking steps you can add surf lessons from any of our certified surf school partners below.
- The surf school will either pick you up at your accommodation or meet you at the nearest beach as detail in their profile below.
- The surf school will always contact you the day before to arrange the exact time of your lesson and meet up details.
- Due to changing tides & conditions exact surf lesson times are not decided until the day before.
- The full contact details of our surf school partners are included in your confirmation voucher
- All our surf school partners are certified with their countries National Surfing Association
Looking for Surf Schools in Sintra
Surf conditions in Sintra:
Air Temp (°C)
Sintra's two main beaches are Praia das Macas and Praia Grande. Both are perfect beginner/intermediate beaches and are some of the most consistent surf beaches in the whole Lisbon-Sintra area. North and South of these beaches are many small coves and beautiful hidden beaches that provide any exploring surfer with plenty to get excited about!
Close by is Praia Guincho, a spectacular long beach with different peaks, perfect for learning and can get big and windy in the afternoon, so morning is always the best bet here.
Ericeira is only 30 minutes drive and is definitely worth a day trip at least, it has dozens of surf beaches to offer including the famous point break Ribeira D'Ilhas and also the relaibale beach break Foz do Lizandro.
Further South is Cascais and Lisbon with an endless supply of different surf beaches for all standards.
Come Surf Sintra with us!
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due to the property 28 days before arrival. The Property will contact you to collect payment. If you book within this 28 days then the property will contact you shortly after you book to collect the balance.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- You can cancel anytime up to 30 days before travelling and you will be refunded the balance.
Similar Surf Packages in Sintra, Portugal
Easy messaging with a local surf host & expert to plan & book your dream surf holiday
Customize your surf trip with the help of a local surf host
Surfholidays has handpicked the world’s top surf camps, accommodation & surf schools so you will have peace of mind and an unforgettable trip that meets your exact requirements.
Secure & easy booking
You can book instantly or message a host directly & request a custom option. Once you are happy with the trip, you can easily book via Surfholidays’ secure payment platform.
Support before and after your trip
Our team at Surfholidays and your local host onsite are available before and during your trip to ensure things run smoothly.
Authentic travel experiences
Surfholidays hosts ensure that you will have the best experience based on up-to-date local insights. On top of that, the vast majority of your money will go straight to support and grow local surf towns.
Surfholidays offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you are not fully satisfied, we’ll work with you to make it right.
- Host: Francisco