Matoshinhos Surf Camp
Private & Shared room options
A new, cosy and very friendly surf camp near to the sea at Matosinhos Sul, 5min walking distance from the surf beach.
The surf camp is situated in the historical center of the beautiful fishing town of Matosinhos, only a three minute walk from both the surface metro station "Brito Capêlo," as well as to the Matosinhos International Beach. This station is linked with the airport Francisco Sá Carneiro, as well as the historic center of Oporto, twenty minutes away. typical Portuguese summer house converted into a surf house overlooking the Ocean.
Matosinhos in North Portugal is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around low tide
This beach is a sand bar with frequent sloppy waves. The swell size starts working at 1 meter and holds up to 2.5 meters. The waves come from right and left with a normal power.
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Room Type: Private
Room Type: Private
Apartement whith kitchen
Room Type: Shared - Mixed
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We don't provide airport transfers but you can book one easily here: Airport Transfers
- - Nearest Airport: Aeroporto Sá Carneiro
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 30
- - Time from Airport in a car: 20
- - There is a train from the airport
- - There is no bus from the airport
Come Surf With Us
Surf Lessons can be added in the booking steps if they are not already included in a package.
The main beach of Oporto is Matosinhos beach. One of the best beachs for learn to surf in Portugal. Sand beach, no strong corrents, right na left waves.
Main Surf Beach: Matosinhos
Surf Lessons we offer:
Kids Surf Lessons
Beginner Surf Lessons
Intermediate Surf Lessons
Private Surf Lessons
Surf conditions in Porto:
Air Temp (°C)
The best time to surf Porto is between Spring through to Autumn. It's main surf beach is Matosinhos beach, the best surf spot in Porto for beginner and intermediates. Its a long 1km sandy beach with a few different points on it. The set up is a mix of beach break and reef break and parts of it are sheltered so it handles larger swell. Easy to get to and consistent.
Next to Matosinhos is International Beach. A lovely spot that begins where the city park ends. Its also a great learner spot, and a great place to hang out both during day and at night. Further north is Leca, a very consistent beach break protected by the harbour.
In and around the city there are small little beaches all worth exploring, particularly for the more advanced surfers wanting to discover the best Porto surf breaks.
There are more surf breaks further south including Barra do Porto and Miramar and then 20km south of Porto are the towns of Esphino and Esmoriz. Its arguably the North's most famous surf area and the beaches have a real nice surf culture. The area's 3 main beaches are Silvade, beach, Blue beach and Baia beach. A mix of sandy beach breaks and reef spots that suit beginner and advanced. Hang around and score some long barreling right & left handers all to yourself.
Come Surf Porto with us...
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due at check in.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- You can cancels anytime up to 7 days before travelling and you will not be charged the balance.
Similar Surf Packages in Porto, Portugal
- Book your accommodation & surf lessons/guiding in the one place
- 24/7 Support – phone & email
- 100,000 booked since 2009
- Best price guarantee
- Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
- Flexible cancellation conditions
- Manage your bookings online
- You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
- Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.
- Manager: Nick name : Jójó