Shared & Private room options
Karioi Lodge offers un to crowded rooms, equipped kitchens, powered campervan sites, lazy hammocks, blissful sun decks, mountain bike hire, unique glow worms, pool table and ping pong, BBQs, computer access and Wi to Fi, 42” plasma satellite TV and lots more!It is the perfect spot from which to enjoy Raglan activities with direct access to tramping, fishing, beaches, surf points and surf lessons. Explore surrounding Whale Bay, or the mountain on our one hour loop track through the bush. Get inspired at our spectacular lookout – Inspiration Point and then warm up in the sauna.
The lodge is also home of the Raglan Surfing School where surf lessons and surf rentals take place daily. For the keen learner surfer try one of our surf packages which saves you money and gives you more time to work on your surfing skills and enjoying Raglan.
Kia ora and welcome to an amazing off to beat backpackers and campervan site in Whale Bay, Raglan, New Zealand.
If you’re searching for mind blowing Raglan accommodation at a budget price then you’re in luck. This eco surf retreat is on the west coast of New Zealand in the mighty Waikato region. Around 50 minutes drive from Hamilton city and just 8kms from Raglan township. You will find us located in Whale Bay, on a 110 acres of native New Zealand bush. Karioi Lodge caters for travellers, backpackers, families and large groups seeking off to beat NZ accommodation
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Shuttle to town $2 each way
Room Type: Shared - Mixed
Karioi Lodge's Dorm rooms have 4 Beds with Heaters, fresh clean linen, pillows and blankets are supplied in all of the rooms. Some have sea views, many have beautiful bush and mountain views.
Room Type: Private
Our Double rooms offer private accommodation with 1 King bed and 1 set of Bunk Beds for up to 2 extra guests
Room Type: Private
Our Twin rooms offer private accommodation with two single beds and also have a set of bunk beds for up to 2 extra quests. Extra guests are $27 each
Room Type: Private
Relaxing campervan sites are available for travellers seeking a site like no other. Enjoy the privacy and unique setting of these native bush campsites.
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We don't provide airport transfers but you can book one easily here: Airport Transfers
- - Nearest Airport: Hamilton Aiport
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 67.2
- - Time from Airport in a car: 1hr
- - There is no train from the airport
- - There is no bus from the airport
Come Surf With Us
Surf Lessons can be added in the booking steps if they are not already included in a package.
Surf Lessons we offer:
Beginner Surf Lessons
Our beginner group lesson is a 3 hour session that includes board and wetsuit rental. These lessons are designed for the complete beginner and those wanting to improve their skills. Lessons are held daily through out the year, 7 days a week. Participants must be physically fit, able to swim 100m and at least 10 yrs old.
Private Surf Lessons
These lessons are tailored to meet the individuals needs, from a beginner through to an advanced surfer looking to progress to their next level of expertise
Surf conditions in Raglan:
Air Temp (°C)
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due at check in.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
Similar Surf Packages in Raglan, New Zealand
- Book your accommodation & surf lessons/guiding in the one place
- 24/7 Support – phone & email
- 100,000 booked since 2009
- Best price guarantee
- Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
- Flexible cancellation conditions
- Manage your bookings online
- You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
- Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.
- Manager: Charlie