Lapoint Surf Camp Costa Rica
Shared & Private room options
The villa is located on the top of a hill, overlooking the regional classic surf spot. If you’re lucky you can scout whales while sitting in the inﬁnity pool. With a great vibe and nice lounge- and hangout areas, the camp is ideal for treating your body after a long day of surf.
The villa is blessed with cooling afternoon breeze coming from the ocean, ﬂowing straight through the rainforest and up the hill to soothe your soul. It is the perfect spot for an afternoon beer with fellow surfers.
The surf camp lies just a 10 minute drive north of Santa Teresa on the Nicoya Peninsula. There are almost always perfect waves here with light offshore winds in the morning.
Santa Teresa is a charming little surf village that is lined with cozy restaurants run by those who have fallen in love with the little town and settled down here. Santa Teresa is probably one of the world's most beautiful beaches and the atmosphere here is unbeatable.
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Room Type: Shared - Mixed
One of our four great dorm rooms in an open air design villa with a big lounge and projector set up for watching movies in the evening
The area is blessed with a cooling afternoon breeze flowing straight through the rainforest up the hill to soothe your soul. Outside you can enjoy hammocks and lounges in and out of the sun, and mini-lounges between the dorms.
Room Type: Private
One of our two great double rooms in our open air designed villa overlooking the ocean.
There is large open style living room with many facilities including a big lounge and a projector set-up. Outside you can enjoy hammocks and lounges in and out of the sun, and mini-lounges. The area is blessed with a cooling afternoon breeze flowing straight through the rainforest up the hill to soothe your soul.
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We provide Airport Transfers from and to Tambor (TMU), and they can be booked in the booking steps.
- Price for 1-4 people: €60
- Price for more than 4: €60
- - Nearest Airport: Tambor (TMU),
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 243
- - Time from Airport in a car: 6
- - There is no train from the airport
- - There is a bus from the airport
Come Surf With Us
Surf Lessons can be added in the booking steps if they are not already included in a package.
Surf Lessons we offer:
Beginner Surf Lessons
Level 1 - If you have never surfed before this course is for you. Groups are made up of 6 surfers per instructor and we will get you catching as many waves as possible.
Intermediate Surf Lessons
Level 2 - For those that are catching white water no problem and want to start surfing green waves.
Advanced Surf Lessons
Level 3 - We will take you surfing reefs and point break and build up your surfing confidence
Surf conditions in North Pacific - Tamarindo, Nosara & Santa Teresa:
Air Temp (°C)
The norther Pacific side of Costa Rica is best know for its fun waves rather than epic 10 foot advanced surf!
Air temperature in the north is the same year round 32°C. The seasons are divided in two: dry Season from December to April and wet season from May to November. Dry season is the busiest time for tourism in Costa Rica and they call it their summer.
The areas of Tamarindo, Nosara and Santa Teresa are year round surf destinations. The bigger swell season is from April to October. From December to March you tend to get smaller but clean 4 foot waves and is probably the best time to go. Wind is not usually a big factor but as with most places the morning will be best for glassy offshore conditions.
Surf beaches around Tamarindo
The main surf beach in the area is Playa Grande, a very consistent long beautiful beach break for intermediates. La Casita across the estuary is a fast beach break. El Estero is the fast rivermouth, great for longboarder surfers.
Surfing Tamarindo beach itself is great for all levels with Pico Pequeno & Pico Grande for more advanced. Further south is Playa Langosta, rocky underneath the surface and offering fun waves. Playa Avellanas is the most stunning beach in the area and suits all standards. One of Costa Roca's best. Playa Negra further south is an excellent right hand reef break over crystal clear water.
Surf beaches around Nosara
The main surf beach in Nosara is Playa Guiones. It is a swell magnet, an ultra consistent beach break with many peaks. Playa Samara is also great for beginners, a gentle wave and a good longboard spot. Playa Pelada is a sandy beach but the break is reef and is better for intermediate to advanced. Further north is Ostional offering heavier hollow waves for the more experienced. Marbella is more remote, a beachbreak and long left point break.
Surf beaches around Santa Teresa
Playa El Carmen is the most popular spot in this laid back Santa Teresa surf area. It is an excellent open beach break for all standards. Surfing Playa Santa Teresa is a mix of sand and volcanic rock which create some barrel riding waves. Hermosa offers gentler waves, an excellent spot for beginners.
That's just a few of the many ideal surf breaks you can experience when on a surfing holiday in Tamarindo, Nosara or Santa Teresa. Come Surf with us...
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due to the property 60 days before arrival. The Property will contact you to collect payment. If you book within this 60 days then the property will contact you shortly after you book to collect the balance.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- The date of which Lapoint Travels receive the cancellation will be crucial for the amount of the amends refunded / the customer's payment responsibilities. Cancellation in days before departure: Percentage of total amends refunded: From 91 days or more to arrival; 80% (you will be charged 20 % of the total amount) 61-90 days to arrival; 70% (you will be charged 30 % of the total amount) 31-60 days to arrival: 50% (you will be charged 50 % of the total amount) Under 30 days to arrival: 0% (you will be charged 100 % of the total amount) There will be no refund if the customer chooses to cancel a package tour after it has commenced, unless the cancellation is in accordance with section
Similar Properties in North Pacific - Tamarindo, Nosara & Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
- Book your accommodation & surf lessons/guiding in the one place
- 24/7 Support – phone & email
- 20,000 booked since 2009
- Best price guarantee
- Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
- Flexible cancellation conditions
- Manage your bookings online
- You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
- Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.
- Manager: Elizabeth